The following rules apply to moving furniture, equipment, and supplies in and out of 1861 International Drive:
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO NOTIFY YOUR MOVING COMPANY OF THESE RULES. IF THESE RULES ARE NOT FOLLOWED, YOUR MOVING COMPANY WILL EITHER BE ASKED TO DISCONTINUE THE MOVE OR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PREMISES.
- Move-ins must be scheduled with the Property Management Office at least two weeks in advance. This is to ensure availability of the freight elevator. It is important to establish a firm arrival time for the movers. Late arrival time will be billed to the Tenant, as well as the cost of security, if needed. A moving form is provided for notification to the Property Manager.
- Building Engineer must be in attendance to install and remove elevator pads, lock off freight elevator, key off security system and generally oversee moving operation as appropriate. Tenant will be billed at an hourly overtime rate with a minimum charge of four (4) hours plus administrative costs unless determined otherwise in the lease agreement.
- Move-ins, large quantities of furniture, equipment, or supplies must be accomplished after 6:00 P.M. on weekdays, weekends, or holidays and must be completed prior to 8:00 A.M. the following day.
- If heating or air conditioning is desired after normal operating hours, it can be furnished with advance notice at Tenant’s expense. Twenty-four hours prior notice is required for this service.
- Each company moving supplies, furniture, and/or equipment through this building will need to secure and present to the Property Management Office a Certificate of Insurance 24 hours prior to the move (See Paragraph 12 for additional information).
- Do not wedge anything between the elevator doors or prop them open. This will burn out the motor and put the elevator out of service.
- Only the freight elevator will be used to move furniture, equipment or supplies. Of particular importance: the dimensions of the freight elevator should be checked, especially when purchasing specialty items such as conference tables.
- Any damage to the building or fixtures caused by the move will be repaired at the Tenant’s expense.
- Clean Masonite sections will be used as runners on all finished areas where heavy furniture is being moved with wheel or skid-type dollies. The Masonite must be at least ¼” thick, 4’ x 8’ wide sheets in elevators, lobbies, and corridors, and 32” wide sheets through doors in Tenant space. All sections of Masonite must be taped to prohibit sliding.
- The mover must provide and install protective coverings on all walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas along the rout to be followed during the move. These areas will be inspected for damage after the move.
- The moving company will be required to remove all boxes, trash, etc. when leaving the building. Any materials left behind will be disposed of, and charges for this disposal will be sent to the Tenant.
- The moving company must carry insurance including, but not less than the following:
Coverage pursuant to Owner-Contractor Agreement must be Broad Form Commercial General Liability with a combined single limit of not less than $5,000,000 per occurrence; Workman’s Compensation in statutory limit for the State of Virginia and certificate including Declaration Page and Endorsement Page evidencing same shall be furnished to the Landlord before moving any items into the building:
Tysons Corner Property LLC
1961 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 105
McLean, Virginia 22102-4502
Attn: Senior Property Manager
All liability policies shall name the following as Additional Insured
- Tysons Corner Property LLC
- These limits set forth are minimum.